Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

Time for Change | Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express

You know when you need a little change of scenery? I was having this with my Maybelline 'The Rocket' mascara. I've been repurchasing it for about 2 years (with the exception of a 'They're Real!' month which I wasn't satisfied with) and must be on my 5th tube of it by now. The only problem I have with this mascara is that it is such a pain to get off and I often wake up with it under my eyes even though I took it off the night before. I decided maybe I'd give something else a try but I really do love Maybelline's mascara's so I stuck with them and grabbed 'The Falsies Volum' Express'. 


I must say I hate the lace printed onto the lid, but I am loving this and have only used it a couple of times. It has a curved wand which has bristles rather than plastic, which I actually really like and I had forgotten how great non-plastic brushes are. It also bends a little more as there is a point in the brush which bends. I think this is a better way to really get into all the lashes without losing too much size from the wand. The want is slightly thinner than I'm used to, but I think it really reaches all the lashes as 'The Rocket' is a little fat at the ends making it tricky when getting right into the corners. At the moment it's a little wet to use on my bottom lashes as I prefer using dries mascaras for the bottom but I can see this being great.

Left - The Falsies / Right - The Rocket
I do still love 'The Rocket' and it gives me great volume on my long but thin lashes. However, the fact that I could never ever get it off was really beginning to become a problem for me. I also found it was drying my eyes out a little. Switching it up is sometimes good, even if you're comfortable with what you're using. The Falsies gives length and volume and I think it holds the curl that it already in my lashes better than The Rocket does. Perhaps it's got a heavier formula. Best of all, The Rocket it much easier to remove and really comes off without leaving residue under my eyes. I don't even really wear mascara on my bottom lashes so I'm not sure why this was happening but for now, I think I'll stick to The Falsies.

Do you have any mascaras that you just can't stop repurchasing or that you really trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment