Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Love at First Swipe | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

I often put off buying things and this has been one of them. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets have had nothing but praise (except their perhaps dogily formulated 'Gran Cru' shade) and I have been dying to try them for ages. The shade I hear about the most is 'Hot Pepper' so when browsing in Boots the other day - a dangerous sport - I couldn't help but pick it up. I have heard the nude shades aren't as great, but what do you guys think?


I applied this at 12:30pm the day after I got it. It was something I found a little strange at first because I struggle with the texture and finish of lipglosses but after applying it (does anyone else struggle with applying bold lips...) I left it to dry and just hoped for the best. I couldn't really work out when it had completely set, but it took about 5 minutes for it to set, and after 10 minutes it was definitely there to stay. I'm now writing this at 9pm having had lunch, drinking, and having dinner it is basically perfect with no touch ups. It is a little worn in the middle and more towards my mouth but it definitely doesn't look like I applied this nearly 9 hours ago. 


The colour of this is a fantastic vibrant red and especially great for a night out since it doesn't budge after a drink or four. The doe-foot applicator definitely makes the application easier and I love the finish of this - a velvety looking matte, as the name would suggest. I will definitely be picking more of these up in the future and I can't wait to sport it in the coming months. Why didn't I pick this up sooner?!

Do you recommend any shades from this range?

No comments:

Post a Comment