Hello! In February I posted '5 Things I Didn't Know Before Blogging' and as I have continued to blog and read other blogs, mainly ones about beauty, I have learnt even more. That's kind of why I like all this blogging stuff; I learn stuff! Loads of you loved my post in February, which you can find to the right of this post or linked here.
1. You have to wash your brushes? I know that this sounds ridiculous, but before I blogged I only owned one brush and then some of those horrible eye sponge things. Cringing. This brush was a Boots own big face brush which I used for all my blush, bronzer and powder and I was perfectly happy with just that until I realized there are brushes made for specific things like putting eye shadow on the crease of your eye and contouring your face. I really had no idea at all. Now I deep clean my brushes at least once a month to make sure they're squeaky clean and keep the bacteria to a minimum on my dressing table.
2. So there is bronzing... then there is contouring? Say what?! I had no clue what contouring was, let alone how to do it! I personally still like to keep it quite simple and get a bronzer that I can mutlitask with but the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face Brush is pretty good at getting under your cheekbones if I'm focusing on it. And my temples... and around my hair line... and under my chin. Still keeping it simple.
From 'Bronzing Up'
3. Acid?? On my face? Salacylic Acid was completely alien to me, even a little while into blogging. I would hear the name pop up, more when I really got into YouTube videos but quite frankly the name of it scared me a little bit. I didn't really understand the concept of putting some kind of acid on my face. However, I now use my Una Brennan Superfacialist mask twice a week which contains salacylic acid and I'm completely converted. It limits my dry patches, unblocks all my pores to keep the black heads at bay and helps me to prevent breakouts. Genius.
From 'Super Facialist Anti-Blemish'
4. Sephora?... Spack NK... Cult Beauty?! To be honest, when I kept hearing these names I thought they were brands of make up, which Sephora is, but really it's much much more than that, am I right ladies? I loved sending my dad off with a little list when he popped over to America and after birthdays and christmas, Space NK is always on my mind when I'm thinking of what I can buy with my money. I also go in regularly for presents for my dad and special people like that. I just love it and can't help myself!
5. Powders can be creamy? Huh? You know when people describe eyeshadows as creamy? Or any powder for that matter? I had absolutely no idea at the beginning. In my head I was thinking 'you just said it's a powder and now I'm super confused about this whole cream thing?!' However, if you've tried any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes or Nars' blushes, you'll know what a creamy powder is. I'm unsure how I actually figured this one out but I did. Thank God. No longer having to rewind videos or reread posts when someones talking about a creamy powder. Phew!
I may do a 3rd and final post of 'Things I Didn't Know Before Blogging' that would include all of you guys. If you have anything you didn't know, tweets me @hannah_gibbins or email me (at the side!)