Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Make Up Menu: VALENTINES DAY

Hello again! The day is coming... Valentines Day! Whether you have someone special to share it with or you're spending the evening with your gal pals, I thought I would share with you some make up ideas that are perfect for going out for a meal, staying in with your friends or maybe a more fancy date you're being taken on. If so, lucky you! I will be spending my Valentines Day with two of my best friends eating good food (that's probably mainly carbs) and drinking wine. It's better that way!


For a more simple look, use a mineral powder make up, such as BareMinerals as a base with a small amount of concealer, I use Collection Concealer in Shade 2. Then use Maybelline's Brow Drama Mascara to make your brows look fuller and frame your eyes. I used Benefit's Cream Shadow in My Two Cents on my eyes to add a golden shimmer that is quick, easy and simple although you could use any cream shadow base as they're so foolproof to apply. I ran Topshop's Eye Crayon in Pewter along my lower lashline and topped off with Maybelline's The Rocket. Keeping it simple on the cheeks I used Benefit Coralista blush which has a slight shimmer to add glow to my cheeks without any bronzer and then Baby Lips in Cherry Me to add a subtle flush of colour. If you're having a meal in or just prefer a simple look, this would be great.


For the second look, I would go for Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum as I find it has better coverage and holds products I put over the top better. For my brows I repeated my previous method, although you could apply an eyebrow pencil underneath to give you more definition. On the eyes I have gone for my Naked 2 palette, using Verve on the inner corner, Half Baked all over the lid and mixed YDK and Busted in the crease and outer corner. I then used Rimmel's Exaggerate Liquid Liner to create a cat eye and define my lash line before again repeating my same mascara routine with Maybelline's The Rocket. On the cheeks I have used Bourjois Chocolate bronzing powder in the hollows of my cheeks and on my temples to contour before adding Topshop's Glow in Polished underneath Dior Rosy Glow, keeping it light on the cheeks alongside the eyeliner. To finish the look, I have again kept it fairly light, using MaxFactor in 510 English Rose, and for some extra shine, Tanya Burr's Lipgloss in Chic.

Hope you enjoyed this! I really like this as a way to show you my make up looks, so hopefully I will do a lot more in the future! Let me know! Have a lovely Valentines Day!


2 comments: